Director of Marketing and Communications
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a key member of the Executive Team, provide functional expertise and thought leadership for the Marketing and Communication activities.
- Embrace, support, and participate in pursuit of the vision and mission of Church, providing effective leadership to support change efforts.
- As a member of the Executive Team, exemplify the values of the Church and partner with other staff and lay leaders to execute our core strategies; proactively promote teamwork and alignment of goals
- Adhere to appropriate Church operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of comprehensive marketing and communication strategies to support the pursuit and implementation of the vision, mission and values of the church.
- Provide strategic leadership for “branding” and “messaging” consistency.
- Provide creative and visionary leadership to support reinforcement of “Invite”, “Connect” and “Engage” activities.
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions; implement communications programs for all entities to include governance, development, and dissemination of information to internal and external individuals and entities impacted by the church.
- Plan and organize communications to provide information to current attendees and the broader residential and business communities surrounding the church which reflect a positive image of the church.
- Plan, direct and manage a marketing and advertising plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary for all church ministries and brands to achieve goals.
- Develop and produce newsletters, web page, brochures, fact sheets, press releases, presentations and other appropriate media collateral to create public awareness of church activities and events.
- Provide creative writing and other technical assistance for a variety of collateral materials (i.e. trade show displays and audio/video scripts).
- Provide functional expertise regarding effective methods of communication to a culturally- and technology-diverse audience; develop internal and external resources to facilitate multiple modes of communication; attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Devise efficient/effective guidelines, policies and methods for the tactical implementation of marketing and communications activities.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated and support strategic plan objectives; develop presentations to support the ministry’s current and future strategies.
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance. Oversee and provide direction for constituent analysis.
- Advise and assist various ministries/departments with public relations and information. Act as an internal consultant for presentations, public information methods and procedures to effectively communicate and engage the church and community.
- Assist the ministries with development, design and maintenance of web presence and social media activities. Manage the website’s (church only) content and design to ensure accuracy, consistency, quality, and relevance
- Manage a graphic designer.
- Develop and manage a budget.
- Identify and manage internal/external resources to design, produce, and disseminate communications through various media styles. Ensure quality, service, and costs are managed to achieve organizational objectives.
- Provide internal leadership to improve communications between ministries and departments, developing and employing key processes, technologies, and training.
- Respond to inquiries either orally or in writing, and provide information for the public on services, facilities and programs. Communicate technical and creative data to the public and media.
- Build and foster long-term relationships with professional counterparts in other professional organizations, advocacy organizations, and other community organizations through organizational initiatives and jointly sponsored communication campaign and programs.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion and confidentiality. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the church’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the church’s goals. Incumbent operates independently, but results are monitored by the Senior Pastor and the Pastor-Parish Relations Committee. Work priorities are largely self-determined.
Contacts are across the entire church and local community, and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing goodwill and interest in the Word of God.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- 10-15 years of experience in Public Relations, Communication or Marketing
- Or equivalent skill, knowledge and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication both oral and written format
- Ability to understand, interpret and write complex information
- Ability to complete projects and tasks
- Mature and professional attitude/appearance
- Knowledge of web design and web content applications
Equipment and Applications
- Computers and peripheral equipment
- Designated software applications (Redbooth and NAS are used)
- Telephones, copiers and other office equipment
Search handled by Nancy Gamble