GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create fresh and engaging design content
- Manage assigned projects while supporting the ministry
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the Church
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position
- Adhere to appropriate Church operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will have a broad skillset including branding, advertising, digital and strategy, knowledge of website design, SEO, print design and layout. Must be effective with managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines and budget parameters
- Capable of bringing disparate views together at a senior level, creating consensus and consistency around new ideas and initiatives, building confidence in the outcome, to create successful concepts across all platforms and forms of communication
- Partners with the Director of Communications to establish and maintain the look-and-feel of media projects while upholding the branding, mission, vision and values
- Creates interface concepts, original graphics and icons for use on new media projects and websites
- Implements web design parameters, updates and maintains style guides and visual standards
- Responsible to identify to the Director of Communications & Marketing any areas of risk that would affect the ministry's ability to provide excellence in service.
- Reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish is a plus.
- Responsible for the creation/supervision of the weekly Spanish and English bulletins
- Works to ensure projects are produced on time and within budget guidelines.
- Periodically and systematically evaluates the usage statistics associated with the websites and social media and reports findings to Director of Communications for evaluation and future planning.
- Understand the video, photographic, and graphics requirements for the various company websites and social media channels and coordinates the development of such appropriate content.
- Coordinates internal and external photographic, video, print, and graphic production efforts including, but not limited to, requests for proposal, bids, and freelance assignments ensuring on-time delivery of designs and materials.
- In consultation with Director of Communications, updates content use and standardization guides for the company's creative and branding guidelines as needed
- Assists with photographic, video, and graphic production and design as needed
- A proactive team player who maintains a positive attitude and enjoys a collaborative and creative working environment
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be proficient with Mac and Microsoft OS, Adobe CC
- Responsible to identify to the Director of Communications & Marketing any areas of risk that would affect the ministry's ability to provide excellence in service to key marketing initiatives.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the Church’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the Church’s goals. Incumbent operates independently; with results monitored by the Director of Communications & Marketing. Content of work priorities are largely self-determined.
Contacts are across the entire Church community and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fluency in spoken and written Spanish preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Art, or Graphic Design is preferred
- Or 4 years of experience in communication, digital or web content
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong sense of design, layout and typography for print, web, and digital
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written format
- Ability to prioritize and work with diverse of people in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
- Photography: Must have a basic understanding of photography and video skills
- A thorough understanding of four-color process and as it relates to offset printing and electronic media (web) is required
- Experience with marketing/communications, publications, direct mail and product design is helpful
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS
- Web: Experience in HTML and WordPress is required. Experience in XML PHP is beneficial, but not required
- Programs: Adobe Creative Suite; Flash, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier Pro
- Computers and peripheral equipment
- Designated software applications
- Telephones, copiers and other office equipment
JOB CONDITIONS (SEE EXAMPLES BELOW)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the associate is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low