Our client has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Copywriter who also aspires to grow into a marketing role. This is a full-time, permanent position. The ideal candidate has experience in writing marketing content to a variety of customer types (role is B2C only), leveraging channels such as email, SMS, push notifications and in-app advertisements. The goal of the content is to drive customer acquisition, activation and usage as well as to retain customers and create optimal LTV. Content will be primarily short format, advertising in nature in both digital and print, and actionable – think direct response content with relationship marketing woven in.
If you are an outstanding creative writer, highly skilled at driving a strong call to action and passionate about delivering the voice of the brand, this one is for you!
- Understand and be able to deploy client's brand strategy
- Define overall brand voice, tone, vocabulary and message and be able to deploy it
- Create customer personas across three lines of business and map marketing content to each persona
- Work within regulatory guidelines collaborating with compliance/bank partners to meet those guidelines while maintaining brand voice
- Determine content audience, channel and frequency
- Conceptualize, research and write digital content for demand generation and user retention, utilizing SEO best practices where it makes sense
- Write marketing content for multiple channels: email, SMS, banner ads, website copy, feature bullets, direct mail, etc.
- Utilize various technologies to reach customers – research tools (Mintel, SurveyMonkey), ESP (Silverpop), Ratings & Reviews (Bazaarvoice), CMS (WordPress)
- Create testing and optimization plans – review test results and re-write content as needed to improve results
- Make recommendations on new channels – including championing social media within the organization
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or other degree in writing
- 3+ years of on-the-job interactive Web experience with 2+ years focusing on B2C content development
- Advertising, relationship marketing and persona-based content writing skills
- Skilled in understanding various customer types and communication channels and how to write content for each
- Background in creating testing and optimization plans
- Resourceful research skills
- Self-starter and multi-tasker
- Ability to influence and gain buy-in within an organization
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience writing marketing content for finance customers preferred
- Agency content marketing writing experience preferred
This search is being managed by Stephen Mitchell
Must provide 3 writing samples along with your application. Samples must include different channels and objectives. Sample types include direct mail, email (both acquisition, retention and cross-selling), SMS. These can be emailed to email@example.com.